Herb-Glazed Roasted Turkey
The holiday season means it’s Turkey Time. I could never figure out why so many people wanted to come over…until they confessed it was my recipe for turkey! Gobble, Gobble! I do not stuff the turkey. I make my own stuffing on the side and serve in a festive dish.
Ingredients for Herb-Glazed Roasted Turkey
- A (16 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- a teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- a teaspoon ground thyme
- a cup honey
- a half cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- a tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- a teaspoon dried basil
- a teaspoon salt
- a teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions Herb-Glazed Roasted Turkey
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Rinse the turkey, and pat thoroughly dry with paper towels. Brush the turkey with olive oil, inside and out.
- Step 2
- Mix 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, and the thyme in a small bowl, and sprinkle the turkey with the mixture.
- Step 3
- Place the turkey on a rack set in a roasting pan, and roast in the preheated oven for 2 hours.
- Step 4
- In a bowl, stir together the honey, melted butter, sage, parsley, basil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper, until the mixture is smooth and well blended. Brush the turkey with the honey glaze, and return to the oven.
- Step 5
- Roast the turkey until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 2 more hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Continue to brush the turkey with the honey glaze frequently as it roasts. Remove the turkey from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.