Chicken Fried Rice2020-11-26
- Cuisine: American, English
- Course: Appetizer, Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Moderate
- Add to favorites
100% this chicken fried rice has a moist and tender chicken with flavorful peas and carrots and long rice cooked together. Make this unique and your own with this favorite Chinese rice!
So many varieties of fried rice can be made. These better than takeout fried rice recipes are a collage of all my favorites!
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb.) Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger
- 4 c. cooked white rice (preferably leftover)
- 3/4 c. frozen peas
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, then add to skillet, and cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and let rest 5 minutes, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
Push rice to one side of the skillet and add the remaining tablespoon sesame oil to another side. Add egg and stir until almost fully cooked, then fold eggs into rice. Add chicken back to the skillet with soy sauce and green onions and stir to combine.